Friday, February 11, 2011

The Sheet Music Wreath...Finally!...Well, sorta

So, here are a couple pictures of the sheet music wreath. I got this far on Sunday, and haven't found the time to finish it. I'm out of work early today and I don't have class on Fridays so maybe I should get it done today? I bet my momma would love for me to remove it from her dining room table, don't you think? Seriously, I'm over this one room apartment for three people thing!

Sorry, the only camera choice I had this day was my cell phone or my iPod Touch...this is from the iTouch.

Ta-da!!

Here is the whole thing. I love the spacing of the bigger cones and how they aren't perfectly close together. I think it will be a cool contrast between the white back layer of the wreath and my ugly tan painted walls...(we're renting, or I'd change that, too!)

Here is a close-up of the slightly contrasting layers of the wreath. I aged the second layer with soaked black tea bags. I may still go back and do some more aging. It's not as much of a contrast as I would like it to be. Especially after seeing it here.

I hope you are all doing well :)
Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Lol... I can totally relate the to the rented one room apartment thing. I think this will look great on your wall though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love those wreaths; I would love to make one, not sure where I'd put it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like the aging with the tea bags. Hmmm...I think I have a spot for a smaller one of these.

    ReplyDelete