Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rants & Crafts

Today has been an all around irritating day AND its not even over.

I had to drive the 40 miles to campus just to find out that my first class was cancelled due to a family emergency in the prof's family. I checked my email to see if there was an email sent to the class about it. There wasn't. Of course. So I wated in the student center for three hours doing homework and other misc stuff till my next class started. I walked over to that class and found a note on the door saying we wouldn't meet today. Talk about a MAJOR "woo-sah" moment for me! I'm paying money for my prof's to cancel class?? I seriously dislike this about college life. At least in grade school we had substitutes. I could have had a full day at work. Grrr...


Riley has taken to tensing her body and letting out a frustrating little grunt when she gets irritated, doesn't get what she wants, and just whenever she wants to. This frustrates me beyond no end. When she does do it and Dear Mr. Dye is around, he does it right back to her and they both errupt in a fit of giggles. I usually point and give a stern "NO"  which ends up with Riley getting this hurt look on her face; or, say calmly, "That's not how we get what we want" which doesn't get much of a reaction out of Riley. None of these approaches seem to get the point across to Riley to remain calm or the like. Everyday is something new, and I love that about motherhood. But lately there are more negative days and my daddy constantly says I'll be called to the principle's office daily starting in kindergarden... HA!

After I left campus, I stopped in at Hobby Lobby on my way to work. I have SEVERAL PROJECTS running around in my head. I needed to get some ideas. I bought a few pieces of clearanced scrapbook paper, mod podge, and pre-stretched canvas. After wandering around, looking at all the goodies, my wayward project ideas have since slowed from a run to a fast walk.

Now I am at work. I am sooo lucky to have an easy, laid-back job that gives me more freedom than most jobs. After work, I plan on finishing my sheet music wreath. I have the whole first layer finished. Top layer, is a quarter of the way done. I need to age about 15 more sheets of music and put them together. I can't wait to see it completely done! The whole wreath is about 32.75 inches in diameter. I think it will be an awesome addition to our bedroom wall, since there is currently NOTHING there!



  1. thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now your newest follower. Have a great day!!

  2. Hey! I found you at the Swap Follower party and am your newest follower! :)

  3. Ugh... Those kinds of day are really awful! I hope today is better for you. I am looking forward to seeing your finished wreath!

  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment! I can't wait to see your wreath. I'm currently working on a book page wreath...and by working on I mean I bought all the supplies :)