Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Great News! [And] a Linky:)

Well, First of all, I just want to say this:

“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience.” --Unknown

Ok, so I didn't say it, but you get the idea. Let me tell you, our patence has paid off! Last night Mr. Dye and I were getting Rooster ready for bed. Last night was when we were due to put her contact back IN her eye. I washed my hands while Matt and Riley played on the bed. When we laid her down to get her ready for the contact, she didn't fuss like she normally does...

Wait, what??

SHE DIDN'T FUSS!

It even took two tries to get it in, she never made a sound. Praise the Lord! She sat right up and just started jibber jabbering :) :)

********************************************

Next....

My shelf is ALMOST complete. On Sunday I primed it and got one coat of the main color on. It still needs a second coat and for the trim to be painted.

Here is the shelf with just primer on it.

 These are the colors I am using. The blue "Mysteria" is going on the actual shelf portion and the white "Frost" is going on the trim. :) :)

It matches the plates we got as wedding gifts, so it will eventually tie in with our kitchen when I no longer need it in our bedroom! See plates below:


***************************************************************

Rooster and I made Mississippi Mud brownies yesterday:

Don't they look YUMMY?? They were very good:) Riley thought so too:

(There's chocolate on her bottom lip)  (:

I only know that 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, and 3 tbs of water go in it. Only because the recipe is actually this:

Like I said, they were yummy.

****************************************************

Saturday, I painted Rooster's toe nails! I put her in the high chair while she was eating monkey snacks (bananas) and I went to town! Ta daaa!

Please don't look at the white fuzz on my truck seat! [when she wears socks, the lent brushes on my seats :-/ ]


Yes, so lots of cool stuff happened this weekend!

******************************************
On to the fun stuff:

LINKY!!







 
Hosted by SJ @ Homemaker on a Dime
(This used to be the Monday Linky, but it has changed, read below...)
 
Just 2 easy rules:


1) Link up your creative post - can be a DIY project, decor, photography, crafts, recipes, poem, or that informative syndicated post that can make us laugh, or cry - in short, whatever you're proud of! (No links to businesses or giveaways.)

2) Follow as many blogs as you desire, preferably starting first with the one who linked before you and after you, before branching out, and let them know by leaving a comment. (Following me, too, will be very much appreciated, and I definitely follow back.)

You read that right – you’re not required to include the party button but if you’re so inclined to display it in your blog or your post, you’re very much welcome to do so :)

Link opens up every Sunday, on or before 5:00 pm, PST. By the way, because I like something different, I clicked on the reverse entry for inlinkz - so the most recent participant will show up as number 1. So, friends, it's time to show off our stuff and meet awesome bloggers!


Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop #1

GO MAKE NEW FRIENDS!

CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Your daughter's painted toenails are so cute - very much like my daughter who is also addicted to painting her toenails. Thank you for including the party button and the inlinkz :)

    ReplyDelete