Thursday, April 11, 2013

2013 Mini Vacation

Matt and I spent the weekend on a mini vacation. Friday we left kind of late (we both had to work) and got into San Antonio around 10:30. By the time we got checked in and a little refreshed the only places that were open were bars and a Whataburger so that's what we had for dinner! Whataburger! Saturday morning, we slept in a little, but got up to go eat in the hotel's restaurant. It was very good! We walked around the Riverwalk for a couple hours. 







 







 

After leaving San Antonio, we went to the Natural Bridge Caverns area on our way up to Austin:












The only way I get pictures of me... Ha ha ha!



We were stopped so I asked :) Look at that cactus! 

Awwww new new baby!

gobble gobble!



Can you see the babies on momma's back?






Here at the caverns, we just walked around the gift shop and explored their outdoors commons area. We probably spent a little too much time at the Wildlife Safari! (This just means we'll have to come back again!)











After the caverns, we high-tailed it up to Austin to visit with my older brother!

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect shot of the Frost Bank building. At certain angles, it looks like an OWL!!



I finally got my cupcake :)

Hey Cupcake trailer




 

 




How many spiders can you count??







Other things we did in Austin that I don't have photo documentation of:
-We saw Jurassic Park 3D at the Gateway Imax
-We ate dinner Saturday night at North By Northwest (NXNW). It was DELICIOUS!
-Ate breakfast at the Galaxy Cafe... French toast was different, but yummy!
-Drove up to Round Rock to do some shopping at the Outlet Mall. (OMG I'm in LOVE!)
-Ate lunch at the Boat House Grill (Yum)

GREAT WEEKEND! Now it's all back to reality :( But we did miss our girls so much, so we're glad to have them back with us! The moment we got home we started talking about vacations we could do with them :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment