Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't Make the Same Mistake I Did!!

Hide your valuables.
Lock your vehicle.
Take your keys.

I see that sign every time I go to the mall. The phrase is repeated on the news stations for Black Friday. It's pretty much stuck in my head.

BUT, I made a terrible mistake. Just once. And I learned my lesson. Big time. At some point between taking my final 2 weeks ago and this past Sunday, someone got in my truck and took my laptop.

It's sickening that I know a stranger was in my truck.

It's sad that the last time I backed up pictures, documents, etc was about six months ago. So, all my pictures from Natalee's first three months of life are gone. Most of my school work is gone. I had PDF documents of bank statements in a folder (password protected, BUT STILL...)

I'm not angry my laptop was stolen. It's just a thing. I can replace it. It will take a while; money doesn't grow on trees, ya know? I'm more upset at myself. I know better. I was probaby in a hurry and didn't think. I am upset that there are people out there that do things like lie, cheat and steal. I didn't do anything to provoke a stranger. What did I do to deserve this?

I do know that I came out of this situation fairly lucky. Our neighbor's truck had all its windows smashed out and tires slashed.

I'm so ready to move. I keep counting the days till we're out of here. Eight more days!! Can't wait!

So, don't be stupid, like me! Lock your doors!! Don't leave things in your vehicle. I'm about to go out and take all unneccessary stuff out of my truck. Just in case the jerk comes back. I'll be praying for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment